Timothy V. Potter
Email: Timothy V. Potter | Phone: 615-446-2221
Timothy V. Potter was born in Dickson County. He has practiced law since 1995 and is an accomplished trial lawyer. Mr. Potter has successfully litigated cases both in state and federal courts. He is known as an aggressive advocate for his clients, having obtained favorable jury verdicts in counties throughout the Middle Tennessee area.
Mr. Potter previously practice law at Stokes & Bartholomew, P.A. in Nashville, Tennessee before helping to create his present law firm in Dickson. RPRV is a full service litigation firm with a regional influence in Middle Tennessee.
Mr. Potter’s practice is focused on both civil and criminal litigation. Much of his time is spent in courtrooms. He is the attorney for more than one municipality, and along with the other members of his firm represents Dickson County, Tennessee.
Mr. Potter is very active in his community. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Dickson County Board of Education. He enjoys being a baseball coach and has donated significant time to a number of community organizations.
Mr. Potter is married to an educator and resides in Dickson. He and his wife have three children and are active members of the First Presbyterian Church in Dickson. His areas of practice include:
- Complex civil litigation
- Criminal defense
- Employment law
- Administrative law
- Vanderbilt Law School (JD, 1995)
- Vanderbilt Moot Court competition, first place
- Chief Justice of the Vanderbilt Moot Court Board
- National Moot Court Team
- University of Tennessee (BA, 1992)
- Student Body President
- “Torchbearer” - the highest honor bestowed upon a graduating student
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Tennessee Bar, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 1999
- Dickson County Bar Association, past president
- Dickson Rotary Club, past president
- Dickson County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, past chairman
- Tennessee County Attorney Association Board of Directors
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys